10 Fascinating Facts about Instagram
Instagram is one of the most visited social media sites. With around 700 million active users all across the globe, Instagram is today one of the leading social networks. This inspiring and creative platform allows users to share their greatest moments in the form of photos and videos to the world. This go-to place for everyday artistic masterpieces also allows users to follow the latest trends in the desired feed and know the interesting facts about Instagram.
For most of us, social media platforms are now part of our routine. So consider taking a look at the rundown of IG stats below. We’ve compiled them to help you fully understand what the platform’s intentions are, how it works, and how it has developed within just a few years of existence.
- Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010, and gained 25,000 users on its first day.
- Initially, Instagram was called Codename, but the name changed to Instagram before it was launched.
- The name Instagram comes from combining “instant camera” and “telegram.”
- The first photo ever posted was by the co-founder, @kevin, on July 16, 2010. The photo is a picture of a dog.
- A study has discovered that 8% of all Instagram accounts are fake.
- The most Instagrammed food is pizza, taking the lead in front of sushi and steak.
- It’s estimated that posts that include at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
- Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion dollars. At the time of its purchase, there were only 30 million users on the platform.
- As of October 2022, footballer Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed person on Instagram, with over 490 million followers.
- There are at least 1 million advertisers on Instagram.
SwayFluence is a matchmaking platform that takes the
guesswork out of influencer marketing.
Utilizing its growing international network of bloggers, celebrities, journalists and thought leaders, SwayFluence connects local influencers and exciting brands, so that they can tell their stories together - no matter where in the world they are.
By working with SwayFluence, brands are guaranteed matches with vetted, quality professionals that can effectively embody their campaign and influencers are guaranteed more opportunities with exciting brands.
Find out more about SwayFluence and its full range of flexible influencer marketing services, from matchmaking to strategic counsel and campaign management:
@Brands: Discover your brand potential with SwayFluence!
@Influencers: Join our networkto work with more exciting brands!